Building Our Future - Our New Home
Join us for Sunday services in our new home at 6318 Linden Ave N starting Sun, April 28, 2019 at 9am, 11am, and 5:30pm. Youth Programming at 9am and 11am.
Our Plans for the Property
Center for Spiritual Living purchased the church property at 6318 Linden Ave N, Seattle in the Fall of 2018. The previous owners, Green Lake Presbyterian, moved to their new Ballard home in February 2019.
Our CSL community will began having a presence onsite in March when our Create a Better World Team, our community service group, organized numerous work parties to spruce the place up. We tidied up the building exterior and garden space, cleaning and painting the interior, and making small repairs. We’ll start to hold classes and some events in April and will begin to hold our Sunday services in our new building on April 28, 2019. You’re invited to stop by any time and say hello!
Introduction to Building Use and Improvements
Our community is about the same size as Green Lake Presbyterian, and we don’t anticipate any significant long-term impacts on traffic or parking in the neighborhood. We hope to have permits from City of Seattle to begin construction in October 2019 for what is expected to be a 9-month project. During the construction, we will not be holding any services, events or classes in the building. We hope to minimize any impact to you, our neighbors, and hope you’ll pardon our dust during this time.
Our plans for the property include:
- Regraded and improved parking lot
- Improved garden/green space around the building
- Removal of the “green house” on the south-east corner
- 2500 sq. ft. two-story addition to the south and west sides of the building adding an elevator, ADA compliant restrooms, expanded fellowship and classroom space.
- This addition,the approximate size of the “green house” on the property, will allow us to house our services, Youth Programs, classes and community space in the same building.
- March 2019 – clean-up and minor property improvements
- April 2019 – begin holding classes, small to medium sized events, and services
- Early 2020 – construction begins (estimated 9-month process)
- Christmas 2020 – Grand Opening of Center for Spiritual Living at Green Lake
Arial view from Northeast showing South and East expansion, garden area and improved parking lot.
Site plan & exterior elevations
Exterior view from Linden Ave N showing expanded lobby and community area.